Course work: Statement of Intent

 Statement of Intent 


Introduction:  

I plan to create the last two minutes of a season for my tv show that I produced by myself. This tv drama will be called ‘The New Planet’ I chose that to connotate the narrative of the story, which is about the two strange leaders that are fighting to death for a planet.  


Media Language:  

To promote this, I will be using three or more different locations and one of them will be in school and this is a familiar setting that will target a teenage and young audience. I will also be using mise-en-scene such as many different camera shots as close-ups that will emphasise the characters facial expression and reaction. Medium shots that will suggest  the gesture and position of the characters ,and this will convey tension which reinforces fantasy and sci-fi genre.I will have both of my characters wearing black and a different colour to suggest the different  leaders and one of them will be wearing a black mask, I will be doing that to show more fantasy in the show. My two characters are dominant leaders from different planets and are both females which subverts typical stereotypes.This cannotates that both females are powerful and independent as they are leaders and has a responsibility.They will be disguised in masks which will cover their faces and portray suspense and mystery. The diegetic sound is from the dialogue between the two characters and their argument against each other.There will also be non-diegetic sound which will be sci-fi genre to build connotations of tension and excitement. The narrative resolution is when one of them defeats the other by killing them for the planet. I will create this narrative resolution by making conflict and battle between them.  


Audience:  

My target audience for this show will be for older teenagers and young adults, that I think will enjoy sci-fi and fantasy shows as doctor who. Demographics in my show will be ages between 15-20 years old and is for middle modern class people.This show will  also be an entertainment , diversion and vicarious pleasure to the audience.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GCSE Media: Final CSP index

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor

GCSE Media Autumn term index